Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Weigh-in Wednesday: 11/19/14



I dreaded stepping on the scale this morning.  Deb and I just got back from a five day vacation in Las Vegas.  We were staying at an Italian-themed resort/hotel, and I love Italian food.  I came back expecting my weight to be up a couple pounds, so I was pleasantly surprised to see my weight was actually down for the week.  I weighed in at 120.4 pounds.

How could I eat large restaurant meals for five days, only run once and lose weight?  Well, it’s worth noting that I weighed myself the morning we left, and my weight that day was 119.2, so I actually gained a pound during the five days we were gone.  Also, after five days in Nevada’s desert climate, I came back feeling a bit dehydrated.  It’s likely that I had some additional weight gain that was temporarily offset by water loss.  Still, I’ll take it.

Although we were eating restaurant meals, we showed some restraint.  Our dinner entrées were delicious, but the portions weren’t unreasonably large.  That helped.  Our largest dinner entrée was probably this pizza, but we split it.


I probably felt like I was always overeating because we usually started the day with a huge breakfast.  To my credit, however, I knew when to stop.  I hate wasting food, but twice I left food on my plate rather than stuff myself.  On the days we had large breakfasts, we either skipped lunch or had something light.

I only ran once during the trip, but we did quite a bit of walking.  The Venetian-Palazzo hotel complex is huge, and we probably did a mile of walking every time we visited the Grand Canal Shoppes.  I also walked to the expo twice, and that was about a mile and a half away.  Even when we saw a show, we probably walked a mile getting from the parking garage to the theater and back.

I dodged a bullet this week.  I only have one more long trip this year, and that’s for the Seattle Quadzilla, so I’m not as likely to gain weight.  Today, I’m resuming a normal training schedule, so I’m optimistic that I can keep making progress toward my weight goal of 118.

No comments:

Post a Comment