Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Weigh-in Wednesday: 2-4-15



I usually know what to expect before I weigh myself.  Whether I gain or lose weight, I also usually know why.  This week I’m a bit perplexed.  I weighed in at 121.4 pound this morning.  That’s up a pound from last week.


Although my Wednesday weigh-ins are the ones I track, I sometimes weigh myself other days as well.  My weight is usually highest when I get back from a trip and trends down during the week.  Last week, after weighing 120.2 on Wednesday, I dropped to 118.8 on Thursday.  I thought that might be a fluke, but then I weighed 118.4 on Friday.

The next time I weighed myself was on Tuesday.  I jumped up to 122 pounds.  I expected  my weight to be up two pounds, or possibly three,  Four pounds?  Did I really eat that much over the weekend?

Yes, I ate a huge dinner at Buca di Beppa on Saturday.  Yes, I wasn’t keeping track of my eating for three days, but still.  Four pounds is a lot.  (OK, it was actually 3.6.  That’s still a lot.)

That weigh-in was the morning after I got home.  I sometimes see a big drop the next day, as food I ate on the weekend works its way through my digestive system.  I was only down a fraction today, leaving me three pounds heavier than I was last Friday.

While it’s a setback, there’s always a silver lining.  It motivated me to have a good workout today.  I ran 10 miles on the treadmill.  During those 10 miles, I simulated three of the five named hills on the Comrades Marathon course.  Can you guess what I’m training for?

No comments:

Post a Comment