Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Weigh-in Wednesday: 10/29/14



It’s hard to believe it’s Wednesday already.  It feels more like Monday.  The Dublin Marathon was on Monday, and I spent all day Tuesday flying home, so today was the first morning this week that I woke up in my own bed.

I weigh myself on Wednesdays so it’s not too close to the weekend, when my weight has big fluctuations.  This week Wednesday was probably too soon.  I weighed in at 121.2 pounds.  That’s up more than two pounds from last week.  I expected to gain at least a pound during my trip to Ireland, but I wasn’t expecting to gain two pounds.

I may find, after a day or two, that today’s weigh-in was misleading.  After several days of eating larger meals, it usually takes a day or two for the extra food to work its way through my digestive system.  Even if that’s not the case, I have no regrets.

Part of the experience of visiting another country is eating in restaurants and trying different foods.  While I was in Ireland, I was sampling Irish foods, such as beef & Guinness stew and fish & chips.  Most meals were also accompanied by a pint of Guinness.


I did get my share of exercise on this trip.  Besides a marathon and a short training run, I was doing a lot of walking.  In four days, I walked more than 25 miles.  I even walked nine miles the day before the race.

This is the last time this year that I’ll be out of town for several days with only one race.  On the other hand, I won’t be doing any more local races this year.  I have to fly to the rest of my races, but the only trips longer than two nights are ones with more than one race.

I’m currently three pounds over my target weight.  I’m gradually increasing my training, and my diet at home is fairly lean.  How successful I am at losing those last three pounds will depend on whether my eating is restrained on my remaining trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment