Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Weigh-in Wednesday: 10/8/14



Wednesday is my weigh-in day.  I also weigh myself other days, but my Wednesday weigh-ins are the ones I use to track long-term changes in my weight.  Today I weighed in at 120.2 pounds.


Two weeks ago I weighed 123 pounds.  I’m trying to get down to 118, so I’m making good progress.  I’m more than halfway there.  It helped that I didn’t go out of town last weekend.  I had two restaurant meals on Saturday, but went back to eating at home Sunday and Monday.  If I had traveled to a race, I would have been eating out for three days.

I’m changing my eating habits, and it’s started to affect my appetite.  I sometimes get burrito bowls from Chipotle.  I used to get them with chicken and cheese.  Now I get veggie bowls.  If I don’t add guacamole, they’re only 445 calories.  The way I used to order them, they had 705 calories.  That’s a big meal, but I never had trouble finishing one.  The last two times I was there, I started to feel full before I was half done.  I think I’m getting used to a leaner diet.

I find the change in my appetite more encouraging that the weight loss.  The key to losing weight and keeping it off is to make changes in your eating habits, so you still feel satisfied.  If you feel like you’re starving yourself, you won’t stick with it.

My next trip will have me on the road for a week.  I’ll be happy if I can avoid gaining weight while I’m out of town.  It helps that I’ll be running five marathons, but I still have to show a little restraint.  I’ve proven in the past that I can gain weight even while running marathons each day.  When you're racing on consecutive days, you need to eat enough to recover, so it's a tough balancing act.

No comments:

Post a Comment