Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Weigh-in Wednesday: 12/10/14



This morning, I weighed in at 120.2 pounds.  That’s down a pound from last Wednesday.  I’m still two pounds from my goal, but I’m finally moving in the right direction again.

I’m starting to keep more of the right foods in the house, so I can eat some lighter meals when I’m home.  In particular, I’m back to eating a salad for one meal each day.  One of my favorites is a plate of kale and other greens topped with cranberry-walnut dressing and chopped walnuts.  Sometimes I’ll have this with a small entrée, such as a black bean burger.  Other times, I’ll just have salad and a smoothie.


I think I did a better job of not going overboard on my trip to the Cayman Islands last weekend.  I had two slightly indulgent meals, but didn’t go crazy.  Also, I sometimes had a light snack in place of a full meal.  It’s rare that I get through a trip without gaining weight on the weekend, but I think this was one of those occasions.  Four years ago, I was able to do the same thing on a weekend trip to The Bahamas.  That helped start the weight loss that contributed to several fast races in 2011.  Is it a coincidence that these were both Caribbean trips?

It may have also helped that I was flying home late in the day.  I didn’t get home until 11 PM.  My dinner consisted of airline snacks, and I didn’t have much opportunity to snack when I got home.

I have one more weekend trip.  Then I’ll be home for two weeks.  That will be my best opportunity in months to stick to a diet long enough to lose those last two pounds.  I’d love to start the new year at my racing weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment