Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Weigh-in Wednesday: 12/17/14



My weight is continuing to move in the right direction.  This morning, I weighed in at 119.4 pounds.  I would have been happy to break even this week, but I lost almost a pound.  I’m going to be home for the next two weeks, so it’ll be much easier to stick to a diet now.

Being home makes it easier to keep track of what I’m eating.  It also lets me make more meals from scratch.  For the next two weeks, I’ll make a point of having a large salad with one meal each day.  With a filling salad, I don’t need a large entrée.  I’m satisfied with a cup of chili or a black bean burger.  Sometimes just a salad and a fruit smoothie is enough.

This is one of my favorite salads.  It’s a mixture of spinach and arugula, topped with mandarin oranges and parmesan cheese.  I’ve found that parmesan cheese and mandarin oranges go well together.  Between them, they have enough flavor that I don’t need any salad dressing.  I used to have this type of salad all the time.  I haven’t been eating it as much lately, because I’m cutting back on cheese.


I’m hoping Deb and I can find time today to go shopping at a co-op where we have a membership.  I'd like to buy some ingredients that our regular grocery store doesn’t carry.  It’s time to try out some new recipes.  I’ve been thinking of making a vegan deep dish pizza, using cashew cheese.  I’m also overdue to try Scott Jurek’s 8-grain strawberry pancakes.

I’ll have a new challenge during the next two weeks.  I’m tapering for a big race, so I won’t be getting quite as much exercise as I have in recent weeks.  I’ll have to be careful to scale back my eating accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment