Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Running Is Life Day 10: 2013 Flying Pig Marathon


For 10 days, I’m posting a running photo, along with a brief recollection of the race where the photo was taken.  Here’s todays photo:



Most of these photos have been from races where I had a memorable race performance.  Today, I chose a photo from a race where I wanted to have fun.

This photo is from the 2013 Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati.  It was the second time I did this race, and I decided to really get into the spirit, wearing a pig snout I bought at the expo and a pair of wings I found at a costume shop the day before the race.  It’s hard to see them in this photo, but I was also wearing sunglasses with flying pig lenses.

As it turns out, I didn’t just clown around and have fun that day.  I also had a good race.  At the time, I was working on qualifying for Boston in all 50 states.  Ohio was one of the states I still needed, and I qualified for Boston in this race, wings and all.  That wasn’t easy.  This race has a hilly course, and the wings I was wearing were sized for a child.  The straps holding them in place were making the muscles in my upper back cramp up.

No comments:

Post a Comment