Wednesday, April 1, 2020

RunningIsLife Day 4: Run Down the Aisle


For 10 days, I’m posting a running photo, along with a brief recollection of the race where the photo was taken.  Here’s todays photo:


My friends Heather and Patrick are both runners, and they wanted to get married at a race.  They wanted a format that would accommodate as many of their friends as possible, so they opted for a fixed time race.  Rather than finding an existing fixed time race in the Atlanta area that fit their schedule, they organized their own race.  They called it Run Down the Aisle.

The wedding ceremony was held in the morning in a city park.  Then we all began running laps through the park for the next eight hours.  Some people just ran or walked a lap or two.  Others ran enough laps to finish a marathon.  I alternated running and walking and kept going for the full eight hours.

I wasn’t in great shape at the time, but I have a lot of experience with fixed time races.  To endure the summer heat and humidity, I put ice cubes in my hat and let them melt on my head.  I finished the day with just over 39 miles.

If you want to read more, here’s a link to the race report I wrote four years ago:  Run Down the Aisle

No comments:

Post a Comment